Our Full Marathon Relay has grown so much this year and we want to make sure that you have as much information as possible on race day. We’ve been taking questions for the last few months and wrote some down at our recent Relay FAQ night at Run For Your Life. Below is an overview of our fun that night which should help with any logistical questions you’ve had!
WHAT DID YOU SIGN UP FOR?
- Health & Wellness Expo: Friday
- 10:00AM – 9:00PM
- 75+ Vendors
- One team member can pick up for entire team, but we suggest all go
- Race Day: Saturday
- Start time – 7:30PM
- Awards – 12:00PM
- Post Race Party: Saturday & Sunday
- Presented by Brooks Running
- Saturday – 11:00AM – 6:00PM
- Sunday – 12:00PM – 5:00PM
- Limited edition race day prints available from RunInk
WHAT DO YOU GET?
- Timing wrist band for each team member
- Shirt for each team member
- Finisher medal for each team member (given out at each exchange point)
- An individual time per leg (timing mats at each exchange point)
WHERE ARE YOU GOING?
Relay Exchange Points
- Exchange Zone 1= Christ Episcopal Church, 1412 Providence Road
- Exchange Zone 2= Euclid Ave/Butternut Court intersection
- Exchange Zone 3= Bethel Worship Center, 420 E. 15th Street
- Exchange Zone 4= Hawthorne Academy of Health Sciences, 1411 Hawthorne Lane
- 13 Water stations
- Approximately every 2 miles
- Porta-johns at every water stop
- Gatorade at every water stop except for the first
HOW DO YOU GET THERE?
- Stay inside or outside of the loop (about 3/4 down the page)
- Detailed map for the Relay Exchange Points
- Be sure to go through this with your entire team
- We highly suggest printing this out for race day
WHAT CAN YOU WIN?
- Awards are given to:
- Top 3 All Male Relay
- Top 3 All Female Relay
- Top 3 Mixed Relay
- Each award winning team member will receive an award medal
- Awards will be given out at 12:00pm on the main stage
- Use a chase car
- Find a designated driver
- Print out course map
- Print out runner relay leg and contact info
- Stock the car with snacks, water, warm layers, and recovery tools
- Drive the team back to the finish line
- Decorate the car!
- Decide who is doing what leg
- Train around Charlotte to prepare for the rolling hills
- Look over the course
- Layer up while waiting at the exchange point
- Cheer on the other runners from the other races
- Have fun a dress up as a team!