I hope everyone’s September is off to a great start! Did you know that September is Childhood Cancer Awareness Month? Childhood cancer is the leading cause of death by disease in kids across the United States.
This year, we are trying something new for the Novant Health Charlotte Marathon. We have added Meaningful Miles, where we are highlighting five patients of Novant Health Hemby Children’s Hospital and sharing their stories along the marathon route. We are letting you be among the first to “meet” these patients as we share five Meaningful Mile stories over the next five weeks.
In support of Childhood Cancer Awareness Month, we are highlighting our Meaningful Mile patients who have battled childhood cancer. Meet Palmer. Palmer was diagnosed with an aggressive form of lymphoma two months after his 7th birthday. He rang the bell on March 8, 2021, signifying the end of his cancer treatment.
Be on the lookout – Palmer will be celebrated at Mile 5 during this year’s Novant Health Charlotte Marathon!
Make YOUR Miles More Meaningful: Join Team Hemby
Team Hemby is a unique opportunity for you to make your Novant Health Charlotte Marathon experience bigger than just one day. Through this easy-to-manage fundraising program, you’ll be running for kids like Palmer and taking strides toward finding every child’s forever cure through Novant Health Hemby Children’s Hospital.
On Team Hemby, you will be running for kids like Palmer and taking strides toward finding every child’s forever cure. Thank you for making a difference for kids like Palmer.
The fundraising minimum is easy to reach at just $262, but you don’t have to stop there. As a Team Hemby member, you’ll also get some pretty great perks that will make your race day special, too, like VIP packet pick up and bag check, Team Hemby swag, and Finish Line Lounge, just to name a few.
While you’re fundraising on Team Hemby, don’t forget to invite your friends and family to donate to your fundraiser! You can post the message below on your social media pages to invite everyone to donate!
- “I have joined Team Hemby for the 2023 Novant Health Charlotte Marathon! I’m making my miles more meaningful. I’m supporting the kids of Novant Health Hemby Children’s Hospital to ensure every kid in our community gets the care they deserve. Visit the link below to donate to my fundraiser! Thank you for your support!”
- Need help finding the link to your fundraising page?
- Visit this link.
- Find your individual/team fundraiser at the bottom of the page.
- Click on your page.
- Click “Manage” or share through the social media icons. See image below for example.
- OR you can sign in to your account through the profile icon in the top right corner.
- Click “Profile.”
- Share the link from the third block under “Fundraising.” See image below for example.
Your participation in the Novant Health Charlotte Marathon helps author success stories like Palmer’s. The event, runners like you, and our sponsors and partners have contributed nearly than $300,000 to support programs at Novant Health’s Hemby Children’s Hospital.
If you’d like to learn more about Team Hemby, email Betsy@runcharlotte.com.
# # #